[cvsnt] Nightly snapshots

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Fri Aug 15 16:42:01 BST 2003

I've switched the nightly snapshots onto the release branch, since they're
more useful there.  Since I'm only going to be available sporadically over the
next week or two (summer hols) I'm relucatant to send a release 'gold'.

The 2.0.9pre is up to date as far as I can tell, although it hasn't had my
full battery of test run on it yet.

Summary of changes:

* More consistent cvswrappers/cvsignore behaviour - in theory the server side
cvswrappers and cvsignore should be handled more sensibly. (merge from 2.1.x)
* Import without creating release tags - The new -n option to import makes
repositories starting at revision 1.1 with no vendor tags etc.  An 'import -Cn
module' now does pretty much everything required without any futzing around
with recursive adds etc. (merge from 2.1.x)
* Rollback of modules support - I gave up trying to firefight the modules and
rolled it back to the pre 2.x code.  This means that specifying an absolute
target directory (cvs co -d c:\ foo) won't work any more, but then it never
worked before (there is a workaround in the code and it actually tries to do
it... however it's largely untested and will probably break).

I half expect the changes to break something, but if you've been having
problems with 2.0.8 then it's worth trying it out.