[cvsnt] $Log$ conflict

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Mon Aug 18 12:58:03 BST 2003

Tom Cmok wrote:

> ..but I'm pretty sure for some earlier versions (<2 maybe) of cvsnt
> I was not having this problem - during branch merging - yes, but
> not for a 'normal' update. Why is there that additional new $Log$
> line:

$Log$ has always been a complete pig to maintain...  I've never seen a
conflict during a normal update (in fact it's impossible to get a conflict
unless you've modified the file somehow) but then I stopped using $Log$ for
most things years ago, because it generates huge files with no information
you can't get elsewhere anyway.