[cvsnt] Error reading from server

M. Johann Petersen johann.petersen at jagaerfran.se
Mon Aug 18 16:48:49 BST 2003

Tony Hoyle <tmh at nodomain.org> wrote in
news:bhqd41$t1o$1 at sisko.local.nodomain.org:
> Pretty much the only time the error will be generated is if the entire
> TCP/IP communication has broken down at the start of the session - AV
> was notorious for doing that in the past, although recent versions
> have largely fixed this.  In that case there isn't any more context
> that can be given - it's just dead.  What happens is basically:

hm, thx. It really seems to be a local TCP/IP problem:
CVS works fine when accessing a remote CVS server, but the same symptoms
appear when redirecting local tcp port to a remote cvs port and trying to
access the remote cvs server as it was a local server via this proxy.

Sorry for thinking it was a CVSnt problem :-D

At the moment, I have no clue why only local CVS connections seem to be
broken as there's definately no AV or FW blocking this.

Bye,
Johann