[cvsnt] Permanently remove/delete folder from within a module

Samuel Neff srnlists at speakeasy.net
Tue Aug 19 23:16:18 BST 2003

We just started using CVS for a web project.  The project has two root
folders which I created as two modules.  I didn't review the files in the
project before creating the modules--big mistake.

Turns out the project has 10,000+ files in it.  The problem is there are
three folders which are intermingled with the code folders that have
uploaded images and intermediary text files.  These are about 7,000 of the
files and take up about 500mb.  These do not need to be in CVS.

Now that I've put all this junk into CVS how can I permanently remove these
files from CVS including all the revision info?  These files never should
have been in CVS so I'm not worried about losing history or anything.

If I have to I can delete the repo entirely and recreate it without these
files, but then I'll lose the existing history (about two weeks of changes).

Thanks,

Sam