[cvsnt] cvsroot administrative files

Bo Berglund Bo.Berglund at system3r.se
Thu Aug 21 12:07:23 BST 2003

It's not much to describe except what is in the Cederquist really.

In short:
normal line syntax is like this:

each line in the script is evaluated in sequence from the top and the
evaluation uses the regular expression against the module name.
If the eval turns out true then the specified program is executed
with the specified parameter values.
Then the line scanning stops, so only the first hit gets executed.

There are a few special cases of regular expressions that can break this
for example you can have ALL which means that even if a line above has
triggered this line also gets executed and DEFAULT which means that if
no matching line was found then this gets executed.

Note that the processing is space delimited so there must be no spaces
anywhere inside parameters, not even for the program. CVS cannot handle
this. And putting quotes in does not help either.

/Bo