[cvsnt] How to stop spam on the list?

Mitch Davis Mitch.Davis at EXTEL.COM.AU
Fri Aug 22 01:36:19 BST 2003

Hi Bo,

> Tony,
> is it possible to put a filter on the list processing
> such that obvious spam is not passed on?

I run the Linux on SuperH mailing list.

Anyone who is a list member can post.
Anyone who is not a member must have their
article approved by a human, which in
this case is me.

99% of the messages waiting for my approval
are spam.  It probably involves hand-deleting
around 10 spams a day, but in manually deleting
those, I save them from ever appearing in a
subscriber's mailbox.

And in times of trouble like this, the list
can be set so that ALL posts have to be approved,
list member or not.

I wonder if Tony's interested in having a
human vet the list postings.  It wouldn't
have to be him that does it.  I for one
would gladly volunteer, and the job could
be shared to get 24h coverage.

Mitch.

The information contained in this message and any attachments is
confidential and intended for the named recipient(s). If you have received
this message in error, please contact sender by return e-mail and
destroy the message and any attachments.
Any opinions or undertakings expressed in this message are those of the
individual sender except where the sender expressly and with authority
states them to be the opinions of Extel.