[cvsnt] Any way at all to use spaces in modules?

Oliver Giesen ogware at gmx.net
Fri Aug 22 08:57:26 BST 2003

Glen Starrett wrote:

> Just a thought here--have you tried using the 8.3 equivalent name,
> since windows should be able to get that back to the 'real' name?  It
> might work, maybe.

Yes, I did try that and in fact it works if the folder in question
already exists in the sandbox. However, I couldn't check it out like
that.

IOW the following module:

OldAtlantisRDD -d Atlantis/Report~1 Atlantis/ReportData

can be updated OK (also with the checkout command) but not be checked
out, which is quite obvious as the full name of the directory ("Report
Data Definitions") is specified nowhere.

As there's currently no need to get that old name back I will probably
just wait for 2.0.9 and try again. I read Tony's statements to mean "it
will be possible one day" which is perfectly OK with me for the moment.

Cheers,

--
Oliver
JID:  ogiesen at jabber.org