[cvsnt] cvs versus cvsnt

Oliver Giesen ogware at gmx.net
Tue Aug 26 18:18:55 BST 2003

> actually we are using cvsnt to serve our cvs repositories, however we
consider migrating them to cvs unix server. Do you have any experience with
those two environments (windows vs. unix) to compare them? At client site we
use Forte, WinCVS, Sun One, Tortoise GUIs and wander if they work with both
servers same way (I mean same commands, syntax, etc.) We do not want to
spend to much time to train our developers. I will appreciate all the
comments, remarks and hints

Are you aware that switching to Unix does not necessarily mean switching
away from CVSNT? It is available for *ix, too. In fact the main CVSNT
repository itself is running on Linux, according to Tony.

Cheers,

Oliver
JID: ogiesen at jabber.org
ICQ: 18777742