[cvsnt] OK, now what?

Victor A. Wagner, Jr. vawjr at rudbek.com
Fri Aug 29 04:54:11 BST 2003

so, now that I've been using C:/CVSROOT for all my things, I find that I
must now make my repository sharable externally.
What's the best way to do this?   delete the entire tree and change my
environment variable then re-checkout?

Another problem.  When we moved (now _I_ have the repository), I have all
the source that _used_ to be checked into a remote repository and need to
put it into MY repository (yes, I know we lose the history)?
Can I import it?
What about all the CVS directories that are already in the source tree?
do I just delete it and check it out again?
What about the people who used to access the other repository... the IP
address has changed, do THEY just re-checkout after I make a new repository
here?

What should all the other people

At Thursday 2003-08-28 08:36, Bo Berglund wrote:
>It's just that always we hear of people using cvs in local mode and thereby
>getting all kinds of problems that the cvs server running in client/server
>mode will handle. For example, will the lockserver service be used when a
>client just scoffs off its commands using the cvs.exe directly?
>I don't think so, but I might be wrong.
>
>Safest bet is to leave :local: alone in my view.
>
>But I am in no way an expert in how cvs actually works internally, I just
>read all the posts and remember most of them.
>
>/Bo

Victor A. Wagner Jr.      http://rudbek.com
               "There oughta be a law"