[cvsnt] New to CVSNT

Guy Bowden guy at holler.co.uk
Mon Dec 1 17:05:40 GMT 2003

Hi,

We're just starting to use CVSNT here and have only one real issue.

When we set up a CVS module, I set 'watch on' afterwards.  This is working
probably 50% of the time - all the files in the initial add are set to read
only when I check them out.  Then most of them are set to read only when
people start adding files with Tortoise CVS.  Which means people have to use
the CVS edit command to edit the files - this is what we want. And Binary
files can't be edited if they are already being edited.  However, sometimes
the newly added files are not set to readonly. Is there any way I can set
fix this?

Also - is there any way that when someone does do a 'CVS edit' the file is
first updated to the latest version..?

If I can supply you with any more info - let me know.

Cheers,

Guy