[cvsnt] building cvsnt2.0.12a on Solaris8 with sserver

Robert Suh deadwood at crystaltokyo.com
Mon Dec 1 19:50:22 GMT 2003

Hello,

I'm trying to build CVSNT on Solaris8 with sserver enabled.

To build, I've done the following:
1) ran "./configure --prefix-dir=/usr/local --enable-sserver"

2) I had to edit the protocols/Makefile 's include line, to
   set the directory where the openssl include files live.

3) Got it to build cleanly.  make install "worked".

4) Make did put the sserver lib files in
/usr/local/lib/cvsnt/sserver_protocol.*

Now, whenever I try to run cvs with a CVSROOT of ":sserver:blah:/BLAH",
I get the following message.

"cvs [ls aborted]: the :sserver: access method is not installed on this
system"

If I truss the cvs command, I get the following system errors:

"open("9554{exec_prefix}/lib/cvsnt/sserver_protocol.la", O_RDONLY) Err#2
ENOENT
open("9554{exec_prefix}/lib/cvsnt/sserver_protocol.so", O_RDONLY) Err#2
ENOENT"

It appears that the executable is hard-coding the lib path (ie: I set
LD_LIBRARY_PATH and that doesn't effect anything.)

So, my question is this.

How/where do I set the path to the sserver_protocol.[la|so] files?

I'm building with gcc 3.3.2 from sunfreeware.com. This is on a Sun Ultra
5.

Thanks a bunch for any help.
Rob