[cvsnt] CVS slow whenever internet connection down

Ian Epperson iepperson at axiomdesign.com
Thu Dec 4 18:32:01 GMT 2003

It could also be that you've got notifications turned on, a remote mail
server, and trying to send mail for various actions - and failing.

When our local mail server goes down, CVS slows to a crawl as each send
attempt times out.

"Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible."

   -Frank Zappa