[cvsnt] Re: Upgrading

P. Dwayne Miller dmiller at espgroup.net
Mon Dec 8 13:44:24 GMT 2003

Well,  hopefully I haven't screwed things up too much.  I got your
response a day too late.  I did not uninstall first, but installed the
new version over the other one.  It seems to have worked okay, but I
probably now have things laying around that I should not have.

When I installed the new version of WinCVS and tried to use it, it
responded that ntserver protocol was not installed on this system.  That
was okay, because I was going to try to set up the sspi protocol anyway
as all systems, server and client are currently using Win2K as the OS,
authenticated through a domain server.  Then I found that each client
had to convert each local CVS directory from ntserver to sspi.  Since we
have no macro support installed on the clients, this did not appear to
be a simple task.  So I had to 'add' the ntserver_protocol.dll to each
of the clients that upgraded.

Did I miss something simple to convert each client from ntserver to sspi?

Thanks,
Dwayne