[cvsnt] Unicode bug

kurihiro jr3hkrbr at yahoo.co.jp
Tue Dec 9 16:41:36 GMT 2003

We are using CVSNT 2.0.11 on win2k server in my office.
It's very nice, I love it.

But we have trouble with Unicode file with BOM
(byte order mark).
We don't expect cvs server handles unicode specially,
so we register it with binary mode.
First commit(for add) is OK, but next commit is horrible.
Repository file will be broken.

In ML-archive,
"dcortecchia at libero.it" said the same.
(Thu, 18 Sep 2003 08:51:45)

To start our new project as early as possible,
the bug fix was very ugent.
So I looked into the code.

Then I found some apparent bug, and have
a disagree point about unicode header(BOM) handling.
We can use BOM in order to get byte order, but we
should not expect BOM existence always.

I tryied to fix the first -kb unicode bug,
and also -ku option if i could.
I am thinking most of unicode bug are removed,
 we are using my patched one.
(I know making patch function will fail.
But I think patch program cannot handle unicode file.)

If you are interested in this, see
<http://www.ne.jp/asahi/kuribara/hiroshi/cvsnt-unicode.html>

My code has been touched too much,
So I hope at least -kb Unicode bug to be fixed in
cvsnt.org soon.

By the way, I can't complie 2.0.13.
It seems something is happing in zlib.

Hiroshi