[cvsnt] ntserver vs. local

Chris Morris cvsnt at clabs.org
Wed Dec 10 01:55:29 GMT 2003

We currently have an ntserver cvs server setup -- the server is on the
local LAN, CVSROOT something like:

   serverx:c:/cvs

Problem is we're running 1.11 of cvsnt and we're running up against
organizational issues getting it upgraded to 2.0.x. Can we simply change
our cvs clients to access it using the local access method:

   f:/cvs

(...assuming f is mapped to \\serverx\c\cvs -- or can we also use a UNC
path?)

Would there be any problems with some clients accessing it with :local:
and some using :ntserver: (especially with the ntserver running an older
version of cvs.exe?)

--
Chris
http://clabs.org