[cvsnt] RFC: Depereciating file based locking

Czarnowski, Aric aczarnowski at unimax.com
Thu Dec 11 19:40:27 GMT 2003

> I've though of mandating the use of lockserver in future.

FWIW I say go for it.  Your vision, Tony, is for CVSNT to be a core
corporate client/server tool and LockServer is the setup these sites
are/should be using.  If somebody wants to run local they can run RCS or
find another solution to their minority environment.  According to your
futures statement on cvsnt.org local users are not your targeted user
base going forward so maintaining LockDir is anti-directional.

I also say update the default config file to use LockServer as soon as
possible to make migration easier for each new user of CVSNT starting
now.

My $0.02 (and you might deserve change).

--Aric

Aric Czarnowski
Unimax Systems Corporation
612-204-3634