[cvsnt] Re: RFC: Depereciating file based locking

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Thu Dec 11 22:31:34 GMT 2003

On Thu, 11 Dec 2003 15:14:15 -0700, "Glen Starrett"
<grstarrett at cox.net> wrote:

>> And also if possible find a way to control all these server settings
>> from the Control Panel instead of from the config file. I think most
>
>What do you mean by "all these server settings"?  If you mean all the
>settings for each individual repository, then I disagree--When I want
>something changed in one repository then the changes too should be under
>source control :).  Server-wide settings would be OK in control panel only.
>
>Regards,
>
>Glen Starrett

Well there might not be that many more server settings but the
lockserver thing should in my mind be considered a server rather than
a repository issue for example.
But there is another of my favourites:
- why not control the available protocols from the control panel?
Today the only way to disable pserver and ntserver is to actually
physically remove the corresponding dll:s. Should be an enable/disable
checkbox in Control Panel instead.

Of course things like scripts and access control should rightly be in
the CVSROOT files so they could be tuned differently.

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)