[cvsnt] Newbie question: CVSNT, Windows XP and SSPI...

Richard Aspden microchip at clara.co.uk
Fri Dec 12 00:32:06 GMT 2003

Hi,

I do apologise in advance if this has been asked before, but I couldn't
find it in the mail archives.

I've installed CVSNT on a Windows XP box at work. It's all working
swimmingly, aside from one small problem. Authentication, or lack thereof.

We're using TortoiseCVS on the client-side, apparantly using SSPI, and
the server is set to require encryption. Appropriate users and passwords
have been set up on the XP box. But it doesn't seem to actually require
any passwords to be sent, or indeed a valid user for that matter, and
will quite happily let me check out any file as anybody.

I'm probably being thick, and can't find it in the FAQs etc, but... what
am I missing?

Apologies and thanks in advance.

Rick.