[cvsnt] CVSnt versus (*nix) CVS?

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Fri Dec 12 19:57:45 GMT 2003

Ian Epperson wrote:

> OK, I created the page with the title "Advantages" before getting this
> mail.
>
> However, I'll point out that the first line of the site reads:
>
> "CVSNT was started as a conversion of cvs pserver for NT. It has since
> been greatly improved..."

Actually IIRC Glen wrote that.... :)

It's a true statement, though.. I converted it, and it's been greatly
improved since.  It doesn't read as a comparison (to me, anyway).

I'm just a bit paranoid about starting a slanging match between different
projects...  I've seen it too much in the OSS world (eg. kde vs gnome,
emacs vs vi, etc.)  CVS vs CVSNT (vs Subversion vs Arch) would be a bit
much!

> And is set to "immutable" by Tony Hoyle ;)

The front page is a bit too important IMO.  There's a list of designated
admins though who can edit it.