[cvsnt] CVS Update without Sticky TAG

Glen Starrett grstarrett at cox.net
Wed Dec 17 06:57:45 GMT 2003

> 1) How can I update my local cvs with older version without
> STICKY TAG.
> example
> let say
> the tag of my local CVS is 1.19 and CVS Head is 1.21.
> Now I want to update my local cvs with 1.18 and I don't want
> any sticky tag.
> What I have to do.

That depends--do you want to revert HEAD back to an older state, or do you
want to branch out where you leave HEAD alone but can commit code on the
side?

Assuming you want the former, to revert to an older version of a file (for
example, "foo.c"), you can use this to revert the changes back to 1.18:

cvs up -j 1.19 -j 1.18 foo.c

There are other ways too, but that should work if I understood your
intentions.

Regards,

Glen Starrett