[cvsnt] Good way to store a MSAccess project in cvs

Ian Epperson iepperson at axiomdesign.com
Thu Dec 18 00:48:24 GMT 2003

If you're going to go through that much trouble, why don't you make use of the "cvs admin -o" command to "roll up changes"?

>From the wiki (tiny'd URL: http://tinyurl.com/26qge )

cvs admin [options] files...

-o range	Physically delete (outdate) specified range of revisions:
	rev1:rev2	Between rev1 and rev2, including rev1 and rev2.
	rev1::rev2	Between rev1 and rev2, excluding rev1 and rev2.
	rev:	rev and following revisions on the same branch.
	rev::	After rev on the same branch.
	:rev	rev and previous revisions on the same branch.
	::rev	Before rev on the same branch.
	rev	Just rev.

Seems to me you should be able to run "cvs admin -o <lastTag>::<currentTag>" after tagging, and just use the repo as you normally would.

...or am I mistaken on this command's purpose?

"Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible."

   -Frank Zappa