[cvsnt] Re: Question: sspi: connection in workgroup

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Mon Dec 22 23:42:11 GMT 2003

keys wrote:

> Thank you for quickly reply, Tony.
>
>> It's authenticated by whatever Windows decides to authenticate with,
>> which can be domain, AD, kerberos ticket, etc.
>
> In my case, can't I know which way does Windows use?

It's not specified... it depends on the circumstances.  AFAIK it'll use
kerberos if it can (if you're authenticated to an active directory server)
otherwise NTLMv2, but it's extensible and there are other protocols
possible - eg. public key authentication.

> By the way, I want to learn SSPI service more in detail.
> Are there good documents on it?
> I've read README and InstallationTips.

There isn't much more to learn, unless you start reading the msdn docs on
it... :)