[cvsnt] Naming and numbering conventions?

Curtis Lehman clehman at aircell.com
Tue Dec 23 15:52:09 GMT 2003

Hello,

Can someone point me at a good naming convention for branches and labels for CVS for software development? Hopefully something that also helps manage the issue of tracking branch merges. It would be great if the explanation include where to use it, how to use it, and why to use it. I just got my company to buy into using CVS for revision control and I want them to get into good habits on how to use it. Currently, they have no existing formal process for software development.

They also just added a version number to there software products. It consists of ##.##.##.##. Does anyone have a good version numbering policy that they could share or point me at.

Thanks,
Curt