[cvsnt] OT: Issue and bug tracker (was Naming and numberingconventions?)

Peter Crowther Peter.Crowther at melandra.com
Tue Dec 23 22:59:07 GMT 2003

> From: Glen Starrett [mailto:grstarrett at cox.net]
> > > Can you recommend a good open source issue and bug
> > > tracking tool that will work well in a Windows-only
> > > development environment?
>
> We use Mantis for issue and bug tracking.  It's PHP web/MySQL
> based, works very well for what we need.
>
> http://mantisbt.sourceforge.net/

Seconded.  Mantis is small, fast, cute and cheap.  We're Windows-mostly
(odd Linux boxes around), and this works fine on our Win2K server with
PHP integrated into IIS and mysql running on the same box.

We've been running Mantis for about 6 months and haven't yet found
something we needed that it doesn't do.  In a previous company we used
Bugzilla, which was a lot more ticklish to set up and run and appeared
to provide lots of features we simply didn't need.

		- Peter