[cvsnt] CVSNT and ISA Server

Kirby Turner kirby at thecave.com
Mon Dec 29 20:51:15 GMT 2003

All,

I have successfully installed CVSNT on a Windows 2003 server and have been
able to access the code repository using both sspi and pserver within the
LAN.  The server now has been exposed to the Internet via ISA Server.  When
I use the public IP address or domain name I am not able to access the CVS
repository.

When I attempt to log in using sspi with the public IP address I get the
following message:

"Can't authenticate - server and client cannot agree on an authentication
scheme (got '')"

When I attempt to do the same using pserver I get the following message:

"Error reading from the server my.server.name.com: -1: No such file or
directory"

Since I am able to access the CVS repository using the internal IP address
I am assuming the problem has something to do with the ISA Server
setup.  However I am not responsible for the setup of ISA Server.  Ports
2401 and 2402 are open but I am assuming ISA Server is only allowing
inbound traffic on those ports.

What ISA Server configurations should I ask for from my administrator to
allow access to the CVS repository using the public IP address?

Thanks,
-KIRBY