[cvsnt] Re: Cvsnt hangs the w2k server, v 1.11.1.3 (build 57d)

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Sun Feb 2 14:50:43 GMT 2003

John Peter Arnold wrote:

> Synopsis
> The cvs server hogs the w2k machine by bringing the cpu occupation up to
> 100% and by allocating memory until the entire machine becomes
> unreachable.

Can't reproduce this at all...  To get this kind of thing suggests
corruption in the data between the client & server.  I'd suggest this:

1. Update to a recent version.   See if the problem reproduces itself.
2. If there's any antivirus around, remove it temporarily.  Try again, and
see if the problem is still reproducible.
2. Try to reproduce the problem in local mode, if you can. Use the -t option
to trace what's happening.

I'll have a look at what happens when an invalid tag file gets used
(probably it should just bomb out with a fatal error), but I'm in the
middle of some code at the moment so it might be a few days.