[cvsnt] Re: How to move repositories?

Koen no at ssppaamm.com
Tue Feb 4 09:38:01 GMT 2003

"Koen" <no at ssppaamm.com> wrote in message
news:b1lmr9$qq0$1 at sisko.nodomain.org...
> Has anyone a pointer to a good explanation about how one can move
> repositories from one Win2K workstation machine to a Win2K server machine
> without having to set up all the security settings for the files/folders
> again? Is this possible? I have 3 local NT users on my current Win2K
> workstation machine (CVSAdministrator, CVSUser and CVSGuest) that are
mapped
> to from the CVS user names (using pserver protocol, because I need remote
> access from Windows, Linux and possibly Mac machines). I have created the
> same local NT user names on the server.
> Next step?
> Koen

Well, I managed to get things working.
Just copied the files, and reset the security settings for the directories
and files.
Also needed to make adjustment to my config file manually once, because the
lock dir has an absolute path and because it didn't exist on the server
anything failed. So I edited it once manually (directly in the repository, I
know, this was an exception) and then I could checkout the cvsroot, edit the
config and commit it as it should be done.
Just in case anyone was wondering how it went ;-)
Koen