[cvsnt] Can't add some directories to source control

torsten at tiscali.dk torsten at tiscali.dk
Wed Feb 5 11:50:30 GMT 2003

Bo Berglund wrote:

>Import does not place anything in your PC "under source control" as you
think....
>What it does is it takes all the imported files and sends them to the server
>where
>they are placed in a repository module and are under source control.

This is true, but the "Make New Module" command in TortoiseCVS does additional
magic to checkout the files again in-place.

>I can't add some folders (i.e. "C:\Inetpub") to source control. Most do
work,
>but "C:\Inetpub" in particular does not. I can't see how this is a security
>issue because I have given "Everyone" full control of the "C:\Inetpub"
folder.

>Using Tortoise CVS, doing a "Make new module" on "C:\Inetpub" appears to
>work successfully, but nothing happens.

Which version of TortoiseCVS are you using? Older versions could not handle
a folder under CVS in the root of a drive.

(you should follow-up to tortoisecvs-users at lists.sourceforge.net)

-Torsten