[cvsnt] tag -B

Torsten Martinsen torsten at tiscali.dk
Wed Feb 5 19:03:37 GMT 2003

Yes you can - see
http://ccvs.cvshome.org/source/browse/ccvs/NEWS?rev=1.112.2.1&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup:

    Changes from 1.11.1p1 to 1.11.2:

    * The "tag" and "rtag" commands will no longer move or delete branch
    tags unless you use the new -B option.  (This prevents accidental
    changes to branch tags that are hard to undo.)

The fact that CVSNT does not allow the -B option makes it cumbersome to
use Unix servers with the CVSNT client.
(The reason I discovered this was that one of my colleagues in fact had
a need to delete a branch tag, so it is not only an academical question).

Suggestion: Make CVSNT accept the -B option for compatibility, but make
it a no-op.