[cvsnt] Re: Build 69 and Updates with 8k or larger files fail

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Sat Feb 8 07:37:38 GMT 2003

On Fri, 7 Feb 2003 20:14:32 -0500, "John Goehringer"
<john.goehringer at agilisys.net> wrote:

>Found that trying to update a sandbox with a changed file from
>the repository that is 8170 (or so) bytes or larger fails, either
>with cvs crashing, or the server returning the message
>unexpected '\\xn' reading revision number in RCS file ...
>
>Changing RCSBUF_BUFSIZE from (in rcs.c)
>(8192) to (8192*16) seems to make the 8k test
>work.
>
>To reproduce
>
>create new text file >9k bytes long
>add to repository
>checkout into dir1 and dir2
>change in dir2 directory and commit
>try to update from dir1
>
>Thanks,
>John Goehringer

Not reproducible here...
-I have the very latest release 69 on the server.
-I have two sandboxes checked out from the very same module
-I added a 9k file from one sandbox and committed
-I updated on the other and got the file OK

Here is output from cvs ver in WinCvs:

cvs ver
***** CVS exited normally with code 0 *****
Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 1.11.1.3 Prerelease (Build 69)
(client/server)
Client: Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 1.11.1.3 Prerelease (Daily
Snapshot Build 68) (client/server)
Server:

And here the same from command prompt:
F:\Engineering\Antares\KalleKula\ModuleXX>cvs ver
Client: Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 1.11.1.3 Prerelease (Daily
Snapshot Build 68) (client/server)
Server: Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 1.11.1.3 Prerelease (Build
69) (client/server)

Note the mangled output for the Server: item in the WinCvs window...
It gets the data switched somehow.

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)