[cvsnt] Re: out of memory error in build 70

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Tue Feb 11 12:29:37 GMT 2003

On Tue, 11 Feb 2003 11:10:29 GMT, tmh at nodomain.org (Tony Hoyle) wrote:

>I could checkout those modules without incident.
>>
>>Today I installed Build 70, and now when I try to check out a large module,
>>the client dies after around 1500 files with an out of memory error.  (My
>>client software has not changes, WinCVS 1.3b11).

I've just checked with 8,000 files in a repository (about 72MB of
data).  Client memory usage peaked at about 4.5MB, and Server at about
12MB.  It didn't look like there was much increase over time with
either of them.

Obviously large binary files will increase the server memory usage (up
to about twice the size of the largest file, IME).