[cvsnt] WinCVS client

Oliver Giesen ogware at gmx.net
Tue Feb 11 14:47:01 GMT 2003

> I ve installed  cvsnt 1.11.1.3 on windows 2000 server.

Which build? Current is 70.

>  I've creatd
> a Repository on drive D

How exactly did you create it?
You should specify it via the CVSNT control panel applet and confirm when
asked to initialise it.

> On another machine i've a wincvs1.3 client.

Which one? Current is WinCvs 1.3.11.

> when i'm trying to create a repostory

What do you mean "create a repository"? You only create repositories on the
server. On the client you /create/ "sandboxes" by checking out modules from
the server. Is that what you meant? If so, you should be aware that in order
to checkout modules you have to import/add them first. The only module that
already exists in a freshly created/initialised repository is the CVSROOT
module, which contains the administrative/config files.

> with  follwoing info i'm
> getting an error.
>
> authenticatio  ntserver
> path           /Repository
> host address   /MACHINENAME/D

What are those slashes in the host address? There shouldn't be any.

> and the  password field isdiabled.

This is normal. :ntserver: doesn't require a password.

> Bit this fails.
> the error is ' No valid repository roots defined. Aborting"

Does the CVSNT control panel applet on the server list your repository on
the Repositories tab? If not, add it, restart the service and you should be
fine. Otherwise I'll have to pass this issue on for the moment...

Hope this helps.

Oliver
JID: ogiesen at jabber.org
ICQ: 18777742