[cvsnt] Suggestion concerning the "Precompiled binaries" package...

Oliver Giesen ogware at gmx.net
Wed Feb 12 12:35:56 GMT 2003

Given that the difference in size between the full setup and the precompiled
package is currently just about 300k and especially assuming that this
package is downloaded mostly by people who will use only the client part of
it (e.g. for use with WinCvs or Tortoise), wouldn't it make sense to strip
this one down to the client binaries only (i.e. cvs.exe's and
_protocol.dll's)?

Or are my assumptions totally off track? Who downloads the "precompiled"
package if not client-only users? If I wanted the server bits as well I
would personally always go for the installer (and I actually do)...

Cheers,

Oliver
JID: ogiesen at jabber.org
ICQ: 18777742