[cvsnt] Re: Latest updates

Anthony Williams anthony.williamsNOSPAM at anthonyw.cjb.net
Wed Feb 12 16:05:42 GMT 2003

tmh at nodomain.org (Tony Hoyle) writes:

> On 12 Feb 2003 14:54:49 +0000, Anthony Williams
> <anthony.williamsNOSPAM at anthonyw.cjb.net> wrote:

> >I can now use :ssh: to connect to my projects on SourceForge, even the one
> >with the 3Mb file. This is good. However, I cannot get my private key loaded
> >into pageant; I always have to type my sourceforge password. If I use plink
> >separately, with a saved session that specifies my private key, I don't need
> >to enter the password.
> >
> >My username at sourceforge is not the same as my username on my local machine,
> >so I have to specify the username as part of the CVSROOT. Does this affect the
> >use of pageant?
> >
> Not really... basically cvsnt does the equivalent of
> 'ssh user at domain cvs server'.    I didn't know you could override the
> keys in plink...  I'll look into that, as it means I can put the
> private key storage back (pageant is still better, IMHO).

OK, problem solved --- my saved key is an SSH2 key. If I use a saved session,
then the session is set to do SSH2 by default, which works. If I use an
explicit username and password, then plink defaults to SSH1. Consequently it
doesn't find the SSH2 key stored in pageant.

Using cvs -d :ssh;ver=2:... works OK.

plink has a "-i" command line argument to specify the key file; alternatively,
it can use a key file specified as part of a saved session.

Anthony
--
Anthony Williams
Senior Software Engineer, Beran Instruments Ltd.