[cvsnt] Re: Trouble adding new users

Capitis weaselslayer1 at netscape.net
Wed Feb 12 20:52:52 GMT 2003

Well, that was stupid human trick on my part.  That got rid of that message,
but I'm still getting the alias message when I add a new user to the group.
(CVS user '<username>' will not be able to log in unitl they are aliased to
a valid system user.)  They are a valid system user.  I am logged on to the
cvs server and using ntserver as the protocol.  The user will be logging in
with pserver from their workstation.

Here's the config file (I've tried it with SystemAuth set to both yes and
no):
# Set this to `no' if pserver shouldn't check system users/passwords
SystemAuth=no

# Put CVS lock files in this directory rather than directly in the
repository.
#LockDir=G:/CVSTEMP

# Use a CVS Lock server (overrides LockDir setting).
LockServer=localhost:2402

# Set `TopLevelAdmin' to `yes' to create a CVS directory at the top
# level of the new working directory when using the `cvs checkout'
# command.
TopLevelAdmin=no

# Set `LogHistory' to `all' or `TOFEWGCMAR' to log all transactions to the
# history file, or a subset as needed (ie `TMAR' logs all write operations)
LogHistory=TOFEWGCMAR

# Set `AtomicCommits' to `yes' to do atomic commits on systems that support
this.
#AtomicCommits=no

The CVSNT Service control panel looks like this:
Server side support for ntserver protocol = true
Impersonation enabled = false
Use local users for pserver authintication instead of domain users = false

news:b2e720$79g$1 at sisko.nodomain.org...