[cvsnt] Re: Trouble adding new users

Capitis weaselslayer1 at netscape.net
Wed Feb 12 22:11:25 GMT 2003

"Tony Hoyle" <tmh at nodomain.org> wrote in message
news:b2ed1b$cqe$1 at sisko.nodomain.org...
> Capitis wrote:
>
> > Well, that was stupid human trick on my part.  That got rid of that
> > message, but I'm still getting the alias message when I add a new user
> > the group. (CVS user '<username>' will not be able to log in unitl they
> > are aliased to
> > a valid system user.)  They are a valid system user.  I am logged on to
> > the
> > cvs server and using ntserver as the protocol.  The user will be logging
> > in with pserver from their workstation.
> >
> The system doesn't think they are a valid user (essentially the call to
> NetUserGetInfo on your PDC is failing, which means the user probably
> doesn't exist there).
>
> Tony

Hmm.. I had our network folks double-check the user ID and it _is_ valid.
(My ID fails too, and that is what I logged on the machine with via terminal
server)  Any idea what could be getting in the way? I thought the fact that
my workstation isn't  a member of the domain might be getting in the way,
but the fact that I get errors when running the command on the server itself
eliminats that.

I guess I'm off to the infrastructure folks....

Thanks,
Brian