[cvsnt] Cannot rename file error

P. Dwayne Miller dmiller at espgroup.net
Thu Feb 20 21:41:03 GMT 2003

For the record, we were running NAV with real time protection too.
 However, in both instances, the server locked up doing a merge.  I
noticed that there was a merge problem with version 68.  We just
upgraded to .72 today.

Sequence of events.

User A checks out foo.txt
User B checks out foo.txt
User B commits change
User A tries to commit change, but generates error.
User A updates foo.txt and server process hangs.

This leaves the cvs.exe process running, which prevents any further work
with the file in question.  I was unable to kill cvs.exe via the task
manager... so rebooted.