[cvsnt] Inconsistent documentation--bug or typo?

Glen Starrett grstarrett at cox.net
Wed Feb 26 20:47:17 GMT 2003

Typo (in the docs) it is, then!  I just realized my original reference was
not correct.  The section of the docs that needs to be updated is:

http://www.cvsnt.org/cvs.html#From%20scratch

It specifically states that you "use the import command to create the
corresponding (empty) directory structure inside the repository".

As a suggestion, change:

After that, you use the import command to create the corresponding (empty)
directory structure inside the repository:

     $ cd tc
     $ cvs import -m "Created directory structure" yoyodyne/dir yoyo start

Then, use add to add files (and new directories) as they appear.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

into:

After that, you use the import command to create the corresponding (empty)
directory inside the repository:

     $ cd tc
     $ cvs import -m "Created directory structure" yoyodyne/dir yoyo start

Then, use add to add files (and new directories) as they appear.  The
subdirectories will be added to the repository when a file contained within
them is committed.

Or something like that.

Thanks,

Glen Starrett