[cvsnt] Checkout Error using NT and a network drive as localfolder

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Thu Feb 27 10:33:18 GMT 2003

On Thu, 27 Feb 2003 08:46:48 +0100, =?iso-8859-1?Q?Jan_Sch=F6nherr?=
<j.schoenherr at mvs-ag.de> wrote:

>While sandboxes on network drives is not supported,  could you tell me how
>to solve the following scenario differently:
>
>I have
>- a webserver (Microsoft),
>- a server for the repository (Linux),
>- multiple PCs running different Windows versions for website (php)
>development .
>
>The idea is to put the sources of the websites being developed under
>cvs-control.
>In the moment I am using WinCVS on the PCs, accessing the remote repository
>via ssh.
>CVS-modules get checked out onto a windows share of the webserver. This
>allows a fast
>preview of changes: save the file and press reload in the browser.

Put a cvs client on the webserver (just the command line will do plus any
protocol DLLs you're using) then have a script that does the update.  You
should be able to arrange it so that the linux server is able to fire the
script on the windows server - we do something similar using email
notifications..  the windows server (in our case a test box) has a MAPI client
app that waits for an email to arrive then automatically runs an update.

OTOH you might get away with it if you're not modifying the checked out
websites...  you can just have the linux server checkout the websites on
postcommit (using a samba share to the windows box).