[cvsnt] Re: Strick Lock

Glen Starrett grstarrett at cox.net
Thu Feb 27 16:43:40 GMT 2003

>You can 'fake' strict locking with 'edit -c', 'commit -c' commands, but if
you
>really need strict locking you're better off using a different version
control
>system.
...Or getting developers that are willing to communicate...

Any need I could see for using strict locking has been addressed in CVSNT
through watches and notifications.  Is there a reason (beyond political
ones) that you can't use concurrent development?  It is a change from the
way things may have been done but IMHO it is much better.

Glen Starrett