[cvsnt] OT: Which VS6 files to store in CVS?

Ricardo Fukasawa fukasawa at globo.com
Thu Feb 27 23:21:47 GMT 2003

Well, I am not an experienced Visual C++6 user, but I have been using CVS to
store my Visual C++6 programs and I only keep there the .c, .cpp, .h, .dsw
and .dsp files.

All the rest (.ncb, .opt, .plg, .ilk, .pch, .sbr, .pdb, .idb, etc.) I keep
out of CVS and Visual C rebuilds them without a problem. I just don't know
if this is specific for my applications and in the future I may be in
trouble, or if that is the way it works. My best guess is you won't need
them.

Hope this helped.

Ricardo.