[cvsnt] "No such user" problem

Dyer, Neil Neil.Dyer at anitetelecoms.com
Fri Jan 3 16:26:42 GMT 2003

I have to setup CVSNT 1.11.1.3 such that the server and the repository
storage are on separate machines.  My understanding is that this means that
the service must run logged on as a domain account (and specifically not as
LocalSystem) in order to be able to access the remote storage.  I have
experimented with this by running the service logged on as a (non
administrative) domain account, using pserver authentication with
impersonation disabled, but still using local storage.  All attempts to
login to the server from WinCVS 1.3.8.1 fail with the "no such user"
message.  If the service is run as LocalSystem with impersonation enabled
there is no problem.

The passwd file contain an entry for the same domain account the service is
logged in as; with no password specied, as in:

	<user>:

Note that the domain is not specified, just the user name.  The server host
is a Windows 2000 Pro Workstation and domain member.  I have experimented
with SystemAuth=no and SystemAuth=yes.
Any suggestions as to how to make this work will be appreciated.

Neil Dyer for

Anite Telecoms Ltd, 127 Fleet Road, Fleet, Hants.  GU13 8PD
Tel: 01252 775 228, Fax: 01252 775 299
Email: neil.dyer at anitetelecoms.com
www.anitetelecoms.com