[cvsnt] How to edit administrativ files?

Marcus Fuchs Marcus_news at web.de
Sat Jan 4 17:58:06 GMT 2003

First of all I want to wish you a happy new Year.

I've installed CVSNT with the help of Bo's Installation Tips. But know
want to modify the passwd, admin and config. Therefor I've done the
following steps:

set cvsroot=:sspi:fuchs:/testrep
cd sandbox
cvs co cvsroot
cd cvsroot
edit passwd
edit admin
edit config
cvs add passwd
cvs add admin
cvs ci

To passwd and admin I've only added "Administrator", to limit the
CVS-access to the given Account and also to give it administrativ right
to the CVS-server.

In config I've set SystemAuth=no so that CVS will use the above changes.

After doing the above steps I can't get access to the server, auth as
Administrator (and of course with no other account).

To solve this problem I've directly watched into the repository and
noticed that passwd and admin weren't added but passwd,v and admin,v.

And now my question: Do I have to modify thies files on the server,
just
without the use of CVS? Or, what do I have to do? Did I missed
something?

PS: Running CVSNT v1.11.1.3 build 63 on Win2000 without any SP.

Marcus

--
There are so many people in the world, who could help you.
You only have to ask them. Go usenet!