[cvsnt] Re: SSH protocol and sourceforge

Anthony Williams anthony.williamsNOSPAM at anthonyw.cjb.net
Mon Jan 6 10:40:46 GMT 2003

tmh at nodomain.org (Tony Hoyle) writes:

> On 03 Jan 2003 13:46:39 +0000, Anthony Williams
> <anthony.williamsNOSPAM at anthonyw.cjb.net> wrote:
>
> >I have a project hosted on sourceforge, and I am trying CVSNT build 64 with
> >the SSH protocol to access it. I have successfully checked out some of the
> >project, though the checkout process stopped several times with an "Unknown
> >error". Now, the checkout process is stuck on a 3Mb file (it's still a text
> >file, though), and fails with error -41 every time.
> >
> That's a read error, which suggests something is dropping the
> connection before the download completes.
>
> I've not tried ssh download with anything that large, so I couldn't
> say what could cause it, though.

Note that this is specific to the ssh protocol of CVSNT. Using plain "ext" and
plink with the same key, from the same machine, and the same cvs.exe, works OK
(though I now have to specify a username as part of the CVSROOT, whereas in an
older version, I could set this as part of the plink connection properties)

Also, it gets this error very quickly, so it doesn't download 1Mb and stop ---
it just doesn't retrieve it.

Anthony
--
Anthony Williams
Senior Software Engineer, Beran Instruments Ltd.