[cvsnt] can't create temporary directory ...: Permission Deni ed

Bo Berglund Bo.Berglund at system3r.se
Tue Jan 7 17:12:44 GMT 2003

You should create a new directory c:\cvstemp, normally this directory will get the
needed permissions.
Then use the CVSNT control panel applet to change the temp dir to this new dir.
Stop the service first. Apply the changes and start the service.

Now I think that it will work, but if not then go to the c:\cvstemp dir,
rightclick on it, select properties and security.
Make sure that the list shows Everyone with full control. If not add Everyone.
If Everyone is already there then add the SYSTEM account and give it full control.

On my XP-Pro machine where I run CVSNT also I have no problems and I have not
been forced to add the SYSTEM account to the users for CVSTEMP, so you should
probably be fine.

Note that the c:\windows\temp dir has very restricted access properties, this
is probably why it fails.

/Bo