[cvsnt] Re: Where is src\info.c??

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Tue Jan 7 21:56:27 GMT 2003

On Tue, 07 Jan 2003 21:39:27 +0100, Bo Berglund
<bo.berglund at telia.com> wrote:

>The file info.c is referenced in the project files, looks like it
>belongs with cvs95 (which I don't need). This file does not exist in
>my checked out cvsnt project and so the build always fails....

OK,
it seems like the file is in the Attic. Here is the cvs output of a
status in the src dir after I have forcibly checked out a the 1.1.2.3
revision. Note that it is located in the Attic...:

F:\Projects\cvsnt\src>cvs -z4 -q status -v info.c
cvs status: Empty password used - try 'cvs login' with a real password

File: info.c            Status: Up-to-date

   Working revision:    1.1.2.3
   Repository revision: 1.1.2.3
/usr/local/cvs/cvsnt/src/Attic/info.c,v
   Sticky Tag:          1.1.2.3
   Sticky Date:         (none)
   Sticky Options:      (none)

   Existing Tags:
        CVSNT_1_11_1_3_65               (revision: 1.1.2.3)
        CVSNT_1_11_1_3_64               (revision: 1.1.2.3)
        CVSNT_1_11_1_3_63               (revision: 1.1.2.3)
        CVSNT_1_11_1_3_REL              (branch: 1.1.2)

After I got this out this strange way I was able to update it to the
branch and now my project builds fine.

This leads to a question:
If I check out a sourcetree on a branch and then later someone adds a
new file on that branch, should I not get the file when I do an
update? As it turns out it looks like this file was added on the
branch, but still my copy (on branch CVSNT_1_11_1_3_REL) did not
automatically get this file.
Apparently I am doing something in error here, but what?
This is what I have done:
1) Checked out cvsnt (about a year ago)
2) Updated the module to branch CVSNT_1_11_1_3_REL
This is where I have been since then. All files in the WinCvs pane
shows the branch tag, so why do I not get the new files?

When I look through the complete sourcetree I find that in some dirs
the CVS subdir contains a file named Tag containing the single line:
TCVSNT_1_11_1_3_REL
but I note that the src dir is lacking this extra file.
When does it get created? I assume this is where CVS keeps the
knowledge on which branch it is handling.

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)