[cvsnt] Using state of revision in update command

Oliver Giesen ogware at gmx.net
Tue Jan 7 23:01:23 GMT 2003

> OK 'dead', maybe, but that's pretty much all the state that cvs
> understands (actually cvs doesn't understand that, it just tells the
> RCS code to delete the revision).

This is of course pure nitpicking but you said that CVS doesn't even
normally _read_ the state. I think if it knows to take action in case of a
"dead" revision, i.e. to not check it out, it must definitely have read the
state first...

Then again, I might just be as ignorant about the separating line between
CVS and RCS as many people appear to be about that one between WinCvs and
CVS (not on this list of course)... ;)

Cheers,

Oliver
JID: ogiesen at jabber.org