[cvsnt] Re: reoccurring 'invalid change text' errors

Lionello Lunesu lionello.lunesu at crystalinter.remove.com
Thu Jan 9 10:22:32 GMT 2003

Hi..

> Committing an empty file is perfectly valid, even if it doesn't happen
very
> often.  The server handles it just like any other commit.

Exactly my point: if even committing an empty file is valid, what-the-hell
is the client sending to the server that causes it to write that invalid
change text? 'Cause it's definately the server that updates the repository,
and our server does not have 'real-time protection' turned on...... I find
it hard to believe too; there must be something strange at the server side
too....

> Make sure the affected clients are definately using client/server and not
> local mode, then set the CVS_CLIENT_LOG environment variable to the name
of
> a file to log the transfers.   You can then see if there's anything
unusual
> in the client/server communication.

I will try this tonight, I'll make some script that will edit/commit all
night and see what happens..... With the infamous NAV running, of course..
:-&

Lio.