[cvsnt] WinCvs - Display the latest Tag of the files

Oliver Giesen ogware at gmx.net
Tue Jan 14 12:40:26 GMT 2003

"Amit Beria" <aberia at hojaiglobal.com> wrote in message
news:mailman.1042455003.2643.cvsnt at cvsnt.org...
> Hello All,
>
> We are using CVSNT 1.11.1.3 (Build 62) as the CVS server and WinCvs
1.3.10.1
> Beta 10 (Build 1) as the client. We have test implemented on few of the
> projects and it is going smooth.
>
> Actually, one of the project is extensively using the tag. Therefore, it
> would be easier for the project team, if WinCvs can display the latest
tags
> of each file(s) as they are added to the files.
>
> Currently, we see the tag on updating the file / folder with a sticky tag.
>
> Thanks,
> Amit Beria

First of all: wrong group. The WinCvs list is at cvsgui at yahoogroups.com,
respectively news://news.cvsnt.org/support.cvsgui or
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/cvsgui/messages . F'up and CC set.

Now, unfortunately there's no way to tell which one is the "latest" tag.
There's no timestamp information associated with tags. I once saw a note in
the CVSNT ChangeLog which appeared to be related to this problem but it was
marked unfinished and I never heard of it again (Tony?). Anyway, this
information would be at the server and WinCvs would explicitly have to query
for it. There could never be a real-time view of this.

Cheers,

Oliver
JID: ogiesen at jabber.org
ICQ: 18777742