[cvsnt] Urgent! How to add authentication control to CVS server for NT 1.11.1.2 ?

Shunxiang Yang yang_shunxiang at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 16 00:14:22 GMT 2003

Hi, dear all

I'm new both to CVS and to this mailing list. Please
help on the following question:

I installed CVS server for NT 1.11.1.2 on my win2k
professional desktop, chose pserver protocol, and took
other default settings. It seems everyone in the
windows domain can access my projects (via WebSphere
Application Developer's team perspective, using CVS
protocol).

Now I'd like to restrict the access control. I want
only several ones in the domain can access my projects
via CVS protocol. I tried as follows:

1. adjust the security settings for the CVS dir on my
desktop: remove 'everyone' from the list; add
local/administrator and the ones (I want them to
access my projects) in the domain to the list, and
check 'full control' and all other check boxes.
Uncheck 'Allow inheritable permissions from parent to
propagate to this object.'.

2. stop CVS server;

3. start CVS server.

After that, I tried with a user which has not been
added to the list (so should have no access
privilege), but he can still access the projects.

I also tried to set 'local/administrator' as the 'log
on as' setting for 'CVS For NT' service, but the same
problem remains.

Please throw me some light on it. Thank you very much!

=====
Best regards,
Yang Shunxiang